Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter Blues

Hi everyone!
It's been a few days since I've posted, but a lot of things have happened since then! Well most importantly I have had two performances in musical theatre, which has been crazy!
Monday I performed "Practically Perfect" as Mary Poppins for a grade. It went pretty well, I would say! It was challenge because of all of the props I needed to use as well as having the children in my scene, but it was a blast!
Then on today I performed again, performing my free choice song "The Fire Within Me" from Little Women.  I was one of the last people to go, so the anticipation was killing me. My teachers kept talking about how "Astonishing" was such a hard song to act and sing well at the same time, it just so happens that, that song is another song from Little Women that Jo, the person who sings Fire Within Me, performs. What a pressure to put on me. It was really funny when I got up and introduced my song. I did it, and I knew that my voice could have sounded better, but my acting was pretty good. I looked up and saw my musical theatre teacher in tears.
They commended me on the job well done. I don't want to sit here and brag about it...but overall it went very well.
I got really great grades on both of the performances as well as my first song. Now it's up to Kathy and Chris to decide what song I'll be doing for my demo. It really could go any way.
Besides Musical Theatre, I've also been working on my scene with my friend John for our acting final, and it's come a long way.
When we preformed it today, it went really well, but during the workshop Jim, my acting teacher, told me we needed to work on the ending of the scene where John, playing my brother, tells me he's dying from AIDS. So today, after John said his line, Jim said "Your dad, Denis, has been in a car accident." He kept saying things like you can't go home to say goodbye and such while we were still performing the scene. It got me really emotional and was the first time I cried at AMDA thus far. So thanks dad for getting me emotional.
Other than that the week has calmed down now that the crazy performances are over.
I'm excited for the weekend, it's my birthday! I'm excited! I've made plans with friends and it sounds like a lot of people are coming out to dinner with me. I hope we'll have enough room for everyone! :O
Overall AMDA is great!
I also got my demo schedule on Monday and it's looking like I might be coming home earlier than I thought, which is really cool! Not that I don't love it here, I miss Wisconsin and my family and my animals and of course Zack. One thing I don't miss though is the cold! :(
Well that's it for now, hope this will satisfy you until my next 4 hour library shift! :)
LOVE,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment