Tuesday, October 9, 2012

122 Ballet Terms Later...

Today was all about dance and that first demonstration. It started off with trying on my new leotards and dancewear goodies that arrived in the mail this past Saturday, everything fits great, and for that I'm so thankful. Besides trying on leotards, I took my dance shoes into the repair guy to get dance rubbers added to the bottoms... that bill was almost as expensive as my shoes were :/
I also put together a ballet term sheet so I can brush up on my terminology before I get there. I don't want to get confused when I'm in my first demonstration and the dance instructor says "Port de bras." I now know that means carriage of the arms and is a combination in which the arms pass through the various positions. Sigh, there's so much to learn, I just don't want to get tripped up on the terms and spend time thinking about what the step is when I know how to do it.
Besides shoes, terms, and dancewear, I also FINALLY found the right outfit for my first demonstration (singing and acting). It really stinks trying to find something decent that's knee length when I'm 5'8". After two hours of shopping, I settled on a pencil skirt and blouse. Yeah, I wanted a dress, but there was nothing I could find that was knee length. I'm truthfully just glad I'm done trying to find something. Now I can focus on the other million things I need to get and take care of in...a week.
But probably the coolest thing that happened today was I got my housing information from AMDA! I found out I'll be at the Stratford Arms building in a single dorm. It's really cool. It's the closer of the two dorms to the main buildings, so I could really walk to class if I wanted to :)
Currently, I'm google mapping the way from class to my dorm, and I'm getting so confused with the bus system...It's understandable because I've never used public transportation...but I just don't get it. I guess I'll figure it out when I get there! I'll have to.
I'm getting really excited and nervous, but overall I just want to get there and experience it!
LOVE
R

No comments:

Post a Comment