Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy....

Day 14- Where's the hurricane?
What a day, what a day. It's Monday and there's no school. It's nice but the reason it's closed is because there is a crazy storm outside.
I didn't wake up early this morning, not by any means, because I was hoping to sleep through the hurricane, but that didn't happen.
After I woke up I did my laundry to get it out of the way... it took like an hour to do all of my laundry because the machines go really, really slow.
But once that was all taken care of, I took my clothing back to my room and organized my doors to accommodate for al of my clean clothes. It's sad that after only a week my doors have blown up, but now they are nice and neat. :)
My friends and I decided that we would go to the kitchen to make ramen noodles. When we got to the kitchen though, there were so many people trying to cook we decided to play cards in the meantime. (At this time it's about noon).
Finally we got access to the stove so we could make our delicious noodles. But we still continued to play cards.
We played all sorts of different games, everything from Crazy 8's, to B.S., to Spades, and etc. I couldn't even tell you all the names of the games I learned to play today.
It was a blast. It really helped the time go by and forget about what was happening outside.
Beside the like hour I left to take a shower, we played cards from 12-3 in the morning. So I really haven't had an exciting afternoon/evening/early morning. But playing cards was amazing!
I think this might have been one of the best days at AMDA so far, just because I got to spend it with my friends chilling and playing awesome games, laughing a lot, and making memories. I will defiantly never forget the time the hurricane hit NYC and we played cards all day long!
Well I pretty much just got in my room from playing cards. And now my friend is sleeping on the floor of my dorm because they don't want to go to the 10th floor during the hurricane with the winds. LOL!
Sleeping on a yoga mat must be really, really comfortable!
So tomorrow I'm going to get everything ready for school on Wednesday. I really can't believe we don't have class again tomorrow (it's not even really that bad here as far as weather) but oh well. Now we have to make up class on the weekends or whenever our teachers want us to. Oh joy!
Well it's time to head to bed! Ready for another boring day where we can't go outside!
LOVE,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment