Friday, October 12, 2012

It's Coming Down to the "Last" of Everything

Yesterday was a day of experiencing the things I love most about home and today will be no different.
My Aunt and Uncle took my boyfriend and I to my favorite restaurant for lunch. I've grown up at that place, seeing as it's my parents desired place to eat as well. It kind of seems like home. I know what every photo on the wall is, the paintings have been the same since I was a little kid, I've experience every birthday party there since I was 16 and my parents have celebrated their birthdays there as well. It's the place I ate when I came home form my first girl choir tour, the restaurant where Zack, my boyfriend, and I ate for prom, and so many more memories. I can't tell you how many times I've eaten there.
Besides a fabulous lunch at my favorite restaurant, I also experienced my last riding lesson for a while. It was a great lesson, lasting over an hour, due to my trainer and I catching up. Cosmo, my horse, was fabulous, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the season.
I guess I realized how much I'm going to miss my horse. He has been with me through so much. I can't even believe how much we have grown as a partnership and how far we've come. It really seems like just yesterday I rode Cosmo for the first time and fell in love with him, two years later he became mine. I am so blessed to have him in my life, he's my best friend, and he has taught me so much over the past 6 years.
So many memories have been made at the barn where Cosmo was boarded for so long and where we still take lessons. I have made many lasting friendships with everyone down there, and I hope the best for them. It's been a wild ride since I started riding 8...almost 9 years ago. When I think about all of the times, from horse shows to just hanging around the barn, I smile. There's nothing like loving the people where you ride and the horses. I'm going to miss everyone (both the horses and my friends) that I have grown so close to over the years.
Another farewell I had to say was to my voice teacher. I have been taking voice lessons since I was a freshman in high school, and that's really where my dream developed, a dream of musical theater.  It was kind of on a whim to start dappling in musical theater, I just wanted to take lessons because I loved to sing, not because I thought it would become my life. Last night at my lesson we sang through some songs, worked on my first demonstration, and then decided to sing through "Send in the Clowns" one last time, it's truthfully the song that started it all. I remember finding that song during my first voice lesson, "Send in the Clowns." I was a freshman when I sang it for solo and ensemble. That song got me to state (the only freshman in the choir program) and got my state judge to be astonished that I was only in 9th grade. I remember how it felt to hear him give me such high remarks...cloud 9. My voice teacher last night told me she has never given that song to anyone else, that she can only hear me singing it, and that it was "my song."
I know today there are going to be many more things and people to say goodbye to, but I'm ready to say hello to NYC!
LOVE
R

No comments:

Post a Comment